- 1 lb dried fettuccine (linguine is also a fine choice)
- Olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- 1 lb small tomatoes, mixed colors preferred
- fresh oregano, chopped
- Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 lb 16-20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Salt a large pot of water well and bring to boil. Once water comes to boil, cook fettuccine until al dente according to directions on package. Drain.
- In a large skillet, heat a large glug of olive oil over medium-high heat and saute garlic with pepper flakes. Once garlic softens, add tomatoes.
- As tomatoes cook, they will begin to burst. You can help this along by pressing them against a wooden spoon.
- After about 10-15 minutes, you will have a thick, bubbly sauce. The longer the tomatoes are cooked, the more they will break down and the thicker the sauce will be.
- Add shrimp and cook until just pink. Take care to not overcook as shrimp will be tough.
- Add oregano and parsley to sauce. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss pasta in sauce.
- Serve with parmesan, if desired.